Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Art of the Nap

Now that I have been back in school for a little over a month, I think that I have found the schedule that allows me to manage my time wisely. It always takes a little while, at least for me, to find a rhythm to my schedule that will allow me to accomplish everything that I need to do in my day. So far, my day usually consists of five different things:
  • Going to class
  • doing homework
  • working out
  • going to practice
  • eating
So far, trying to do all of these things has taken a serious toll on my energy level. In high school and when I was a little kid, I could never, ever take naps. I never even thought about taking one. But once I got to college, I learned just how much taking naps could help. As an athlete and even just as a college student, sleep is incredibly important. I try to get at least eight hours of sleep a night, but ultimately I try to get ten. However, most of the time this is just not feasible. Trying to do all the things that I need to do everyday, while still trying to have some downtime makes it hard to get a lot of sleep. Most of the time, I usually get about six to eight hours of sleep a night. This is where the art of the nap comes in. Naps have been one of my greatest discoveries since I came to college. During the day after my classes and before baseball, I try to take an hour to an hour and a half nap. This has helped me tremendously.

Although naps are useful, they should never be seen as a substitute for a good night's rest. That is why I cannot wait for this weekend because I am going back home to Florida for a good weekend of rest and relaxation. Here is a slideshow of some of my family who I am going to visit this weekend and a few pictures of what I will be doing. Enjoy!



Creative Commons License
Family, Friends, and Florida by Nicholas Iacovella is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment