Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting back into the "swing" of things

Entering my second year at Trinity, I feel pretty confident that I have learned how to manage my time wisely. My name is Nick Iacovella and I am a sophomore baseball player at Trinity University from Tampa, Florida. During my first semester at Trinity, I struggled a little bit adjusting to a college class schedule, while still trying to practice my sport everyday. However, after a few months I soon found out that good time management is the most important thing a college athlete can have.

Even though baseball season does not start until the spring, we never stop playing. This summer I spent my whole summer playing in Canada for a team called the Weyburn Beavers. After playing 54 games this summer, I was pretty worn out.  After two weeks of rest and relaxation at home, it was time to come back to Texas and get back to work. Two days after coming back to school, we began workouts in the gym, running out on the field, hitting in the cages, and defensive work on the field. Almost everyday, I go to the gym to workout, run after lifting, and I hit in the cage with my roommates who are also baseball players. The key to our success on the field and in the classroom is time management. Each day we know exactly what we need to do so that we have more than enough time to finish our homework and get a good night's rest.

Here is a picture of me last year during our home opening weekend.


Creative Commons License

Ike at Bat by Nicholas Iacovella is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment